Bright House Networks doesn't know what they are doing!
This is a letter to BHN:
I am very disgusted with Bright House. I changed to your 30mbs internet service a while back and when the tech came he left the MTA for the telephone connected and hooked up an SB6141 cable modem for internet service. I see you charge for the use of the modem so I bought my own which I did hook up. Then I was told I still had to pay the monthly fee for the MTA. This all could have been taken care of if you had the right equipment to begin with. Now I spent $90 for a modem that I am still getting charged for. So I go on your chat feature and ask if I could get an Arris TM822G e-MTA activated and asked if this would work with Bright House. The e-care specialist told me and I do have it saved it would work with the info she had. So I ordered one and received it on Monday 1/27/14 and tried to hook it up yesterday. Your T-1 specialist told me it would work so I opened the box and hooked it up only to find out it doesn't work which makes no sense. I got the technical spec from Arris about the TM822G vs the TG862G and it is the same thing the only difference is the 822 doesn't have a Gateway. The only MTA's that you offer are all Gateways which is not right. I have my own router and like to service my own network as I see fit, just like I have done since being a BH customer for the last 10 yrs. I know you are trying to build your wireless hotspots up but don't do it with my house!!! I will be reporting this to the FCC or elsewhere because BH keeps making us get channels or equipment we don't need only to charge us more MONEY. I find this to be a monopoly type situation by forcing us to do this to better your bottom line. BH should still offer MTA's without the need for a gateway attached to it so you control my network also. You are still banging me for the $3.50 + tax just so I can have a telephone, which on my bill says modem that I own. Modems and MTA's are 2 different things. BH is costing me money and being on a fixed income I am not very happy about it. I'm sick of being ripped off by your company. 3 people in BH told me I could hook this up so the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at BH networks. Sad very sad!!!
PS: When I can I will find a better service to switch to but it will take some time due to transferring telephone # and email addresses.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Modem Equipment Charges
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "i became a sales only dealer for exede. after becoming a dealer, the area manager told me that i probably would not be able to sell the service because..."
- "Let start by saying I usually don't take the time to do this kind of thing...but if I can prevent even 1 person from entering into a "contract" with this..."
- "I sit hear and read all these interesting comments and it just baffles me at the way people communicate their feelings. If anyone has ACTUALLY taken the time to..."
- "Mohawk Industries 25 year warranty for stains is obviously not worth the value of the paper that it was written on. I bought Mohawk Smartstrand carpet from Lowes. I noticed..."
- "My husband and I just came back from our trip to Cabo San Lucas. What a wonderful, unforgettable time. Stayed at Villa Del Palmar and couldn't have asked for a..."
- "Bought whole house of Smartstrand carpet three years ago professionally cleaned four times. Any stain ever made on carpet is still there. It will not come clean! Lifetime warranty is..."
- "A few weeks ago, I purchased a pair of MK snakeskin slip-on sneakers. The store did not have my size, so the woman assisting me ordered the correct size to..."
- "Hello my name is Pamela Kyriakides, our mortgage company made everything so easy and fast i could not believe it. Not one glich or hiccup. Just..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."